UNI Europa is recruiting experts to carry out research, coordination and drafting assistance within the framework of an EU – founded project.
The objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity of worker’s organisations to address, at EU level, the challenge to improve health and safety, and working conditions in order to bring it in line (make it compatible) with EU legislation and the principles of the Pillar of Social Rights.
The project includes desk research concerning different European countries and the elaboration and implementation of a workers’ survey.
The experts will work in close cooperation with the UNI Europa Commerce secretariat and the steering committee of the project, as well as with ETUI in the scientific and methodological field.
The expert/s will be contracted on a freelance basis over the full course of the project, from February 2019 to End of November 2020.
The value of the contract is up to EUR 30.000 all taxes and duties included. All travel and hotel costs related to project meetings are taken in charge separately by the project budget.
Additional information can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters, together with detailed CV, should be submitted by 29 January 2019 at 9 am by email to email@example.com
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be carried out during the period of 1-6 February 2019.
The successful candidate/s should be available to start on the 15 February 2019.
The successful applicant/s is/are likely to have:
- Knowledge about EU initiatives and law in the field of health, safety and working conditions
- Recognition for their expertise on employment, health and safety in the sector and be familiar with this topic in different countries and on EU level.
- Ability to contribute to organisation and elaboration of a survey using different methods (paper, internet, social media).
- Excellent ability in writing different types of documents: reports/guidelines/press articles for internal and external use by the affiliate/member organisations (translation non-included).
- Language skills in English and different other EU languages
- Ability to work on constraint time schedules and deliver on time
Desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge and experience in European projects work
- Good experience of social dialogue and social dialogue institutions, on national and European level
- Knowledge and experience with MNCs.