In recent years, our whole world of work has changed – that has to led to drastic changes in working arrangements, too.
These new working relationships lack one, two or even all of the characteristics of traditional employment.
Why do trade unions care? Watch our video to find out!
But here is a hint:
Many of these new forms of work arrangements don’t provide workers with enough protection and often result in what we call precarious work.
Workers might end up with
- little or no job security
- insecure, low or inadequate income
- no choice on basic working conditions such as workplace, job description, working time, etc
- no social protection in case of unemployment, pregnancy and maternity, incapacity (e.g. sickness, accidents) and old age
- low health and safety standards
- little access to training opportunities
- little trade union representation or collective bargaining
We want workers to have a perspective in their working lives, and secure jobs in a safe and healthy work-environment. We are working for better conditions and social protection for everyone, regardless of what is their work arrangement or employment relationship.< Previous postNext post >