The project aimed in supporting the work of the European Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for sport and active leisure. It a critical role in the social partners (EASE/UNI Europa)’ efforts to become an official committee.
The action specifically targeted the Eastern and Central European Member States Romania and Poland as round table hosts. The aim was to raise awareness about European social dialogue within these countries and in the adjacent region as a whole.
The main objectives of the action can be summarized as follows:
- Strengthening the capacity of the social partners (EASE/UNI Europa) in Member States where social dialogue does not exist or may be improved in order to raise the representativeness of the ESSDC as a whole
- Disseminating and promoting the outcomes of the ESSDC, in particular the “Guidelines on health and safety in the sport and active leisure sector”, the Online interactive Risk Assessment (OiRA) tool and the “Joint statement on strengthening employability in the sport and active leisure sector”
- Strengthening joint approaches on priority issues such as health and safety and employability (dualcareers for professional sport), and improving the mobility of workers
- Exchanging best practices and expertise on measures to strengthen employability and growth across the sector such as life-long learning opportunities, skills development, transparency of recognition of qualifications and certificates of learning (non-formal learning)
- Helping to implement the work programme of the ESSDC & gathering insight from national affiliates to inform future initiatives of the ESSDC
The project is ongoing< Previous postNext post >