UNI Europa, the European services workers’ union, is seeking a Policy Coordinator for the Graphical sector.
UNI Graphical Policy Coordinator coordinates operational and policy activities in his/her field of work, in particular with a view to implement the decisions of UNI Graphical. He/she works with an enhanced level of autonomy under the supervision of the Head of UNI Graphical within the framework set by the Regional Secretary.
Key areas of activities include as appropriate: campaigning, organising, relations with employers and multinational companies, social dialogue and collective bargaining, EU institutions and EU policymaking, relations with affiliates, project management, communication and research.
The main focus of the job is on initiating, planning, running and coordinating activities in his/her fields of work.Tasks and responsibilities comprise in particular:
- Contributing proactively to the definition and implementation of relevant UNI Graphical and UNI Europa policies, strategies, action and projects as well as providing policy advice; this includes preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of relevant policy, research and project documents.
- Supporting affiliates in organising and campaigning at company, sectoral and international level with a special focus on multinationals and capacity building in order to grow their union and leverage.
- Representing his/her fields of work and UNI Graphical within internal bodies as well as vis-à-vis affiliates and external actors; this includes organising and leading meetings, advocating UNI Europa’ s positions and negotiating, especially with employers.
- Promoting the visibility of UNI Graphical and UNI Europa as a whole, in particular by communicating on activities effectively to affiliates and other relevant parties, including via the UNI Europa website and social media.
- Bringing affiliates together and guiding them towards the attainment of common objectives by coordinating their activities and using their competencies in the most effective way.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining networks; efficient co-operation, good relations and contacts with all relevant internal and external parties (including all parts of UNI Europa, UNI Global Union and affiliates).
- Prepare material, presentations and publications, minutes, policy briefings and documents for meetings, conferences and forums (coordination of the process, formatting, translation, proofreading, inserting changes, etc).
- Carrying out practical organisation and follow-up of meetings, events and trips including administering invoices and reimbursements.
- Organising and maintaining a good filing and archive system.
- Performing operational, administrative, technical and logistical tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong personal commitment to the goals of UNI Europa and the trade union movement.
- Strong writing, public speaking and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of a second official UNI Europa language (German, French, Swedish), spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of any other languages is an advantage.
- Digital skills, understanding of communication using social media, flexibility to acquire new digital competences as technology evolves. • Prior experience working in NGOs, social movements, campaigns and/or projects.
- A deep understanding of contemporary labour problems, the challenges facing unions and the role comprehensive and strategic campaigns play in supporting union objectives in organising, negotiations and policy matters.
- The ability to engage in responsible financial oversight of activities and projects respecting budgetary limitations.
- A distinct advantage for candidates is experience in trade union work at national and/or international level in some of the key areas of work mentioned above.
- Good inter-personal and partnership skills, in particular the ability to motivate colleagues and work in a team.
- Ability to work strategically, take initiatives and react flexibly to new challenges on specific dossiers – often under pressure.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to adapt to strenuous travel commitments
UNI Europa offers attractive conditions with a competitive salary and a package of fringe benefits in line with seniority and work experience. This includes complementary hospital insurance, a complementary pension scheme and meal vouchers.
The successful candidate will be based in Brussels/Belgium.
Applications for the position must be sent to Véronique Ernould, Director - Human Resources and Office Management at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 September 2022 and include:
- An application form (download here)
- Relevant work certificates and diplomas
Interviews will take place in August/ September 2022.
Download the vacancy description.