Workers take their fair share of success as agreement reached with Vodafone Kabel Deutschland

Friday 29 June 2018

In the third round of negotiations, ver.di made some significant gains on workers’ salaries during bargaining negotiations for employees of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland (VKD) and Vodafone Kabel Deutschland Kundenservice (VKDK).

Until  30th April 2020, this means an individual increase of salary for ver.di members of 3% as of 1st  July 2018 and 2% as of  1st August 2019. This is a very positive result for ver.di members as the total increase of 5% fits into the current tariff landscape of the telecommunications industry. This ensures that employees are not left behind in general pay development in comparison to other similar companies. The result also means that apprentices and students (the “dual system”) are treated equally in the development of pay.

Whilst the collective agreement is still subject to the ver.di Federal Group Board TK, the negotiating commission unanimously recommends approval.

Congratulations to colleagues at Vodafone Kabel Deutschland and Vodafone Kabel Deutschland Kundenservice who have demonstrated the right of workers to earn their fair share in the growth of the companies they work for.

Read the press release in German here.

Contact